How We Work
We are pleased to be able to offer our customers the opportunity to recycle their quality garments and items with us by using our agency service. We take pride in the quality of stock that we hold and know that our shoppers love the fact that they can buy a unique piece for a fraction of the original price. Our sellers also are delighted with getting some of their money back on items they know they will never wear or use again.. it's a win win!
THE OFFICIAL BIT...
We run an agency service, meaning we sell your items for you for a commission fee. Items must be new with tags or in pristine condition and have little or no signs of wear.
We accept Designer and High Street labels except the value brands, unless new (which offer good enough value in themselves). We don’t give money up front when taking in your items but pay out commission once they have sold at the end of your selling term.
- Please ensure your items are laundered/or dry cleaned and in perfect condition with the brand and size label still intact.
- When you bring your items in, we will discuss with you the items we are happy to sell and if there are any items you would like to set at a reserve price. For any items that sell you will receive 40% of the final sale price.
- We will market your items for 6-8 weeks either on-line, in our boutique, on our social media or all the above.
- We ask you to contact us at end of your selling term (the date will be on your receipt), at which time we will make an appointment for you to come in and collect any payment due and any unsold items.
- Due to limited storage, if items are not collected within 4 weeks of the end of your selling term, (unless you have contacted us and we have agreed to keep them for longer) we reserve the right to donate them to charity, if longer than 6 months any payments due will be forfeit.
- Please remember that we will do our best to sell your items for you, but this will not always guarantee a sale.
- If you would like to sell your clothes through Seathrift Preloved, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org,message us on Facebook or contact us with details and we can forward a copy of our terms T& C's. Or feel free to pop into our Boutique and pick up a leaflet.
Please note we do not accept bin liners full of clothes and would ask that your items are hanger ready when you bring them in.